Although designed with carvers in mind the benefits of hard leather honing wheels can be used to refine a full range of the sharp edge tools. The kit contains a block of honing compound, two 90mm hard leather honing wheels, one flat faced 20 mm wide the other with a narrow 60° vee edge. Both wheels are arbor mounted suitable for fitting to a drill, pillar drill etc. Unlike polishing mops and other softer surfaces, which can round over the edge being honed, hard leather wheels are better at holding a straight line and maintaining a precise edge.
- Suitable for a range of woodworking tools and knives
- 90mm diameter hard leather wheels
- Flat faced, 20mm wheel and narrow wheel with 60° Vee edge
- Can be mounted to drills or other electric motor drives
- Supplied with stick of honing compound