Template guide with integral clamp for secure attachment of guide to door. Solid steel for durability. Allows drilling of 35mm hinge cup holes with a hand-held drill, and ideal for installing hinges. Precisely locates and drills the concealed hinge cup holes on door frames - no drill press required. Featuring adjustable offsets for both frame and frameless constructions. An ideal hinge cup drilling solution for small shops and job site work.
Allows multiple set backs (tabs) for most brands of European hinges. Includes hinge cup drilling template, clamp base, drilling shroud, stop collar, spring and hardware pack.
Armed with only our Concealed Hinge Drilling Guide and a hand drill, you can drill perfectly positioned cup holes for your concealed hinges. Since there's no need for a drill press, you'll save both money and space in your shop. We've redesigned our jig with some new conveniences while keeping the basic functionality so popular with customers. Each guide now features an integral spring clamp that holds the guide in place as you drill. No adjustment is required for the clamp, but more importantly, the clamp also doubles as a foot. It is designed to rest on your bench top (or the floor) and provide firm support as you apply downward pressure with the drill bit. To support the other end of the door, simply use scrap blocks or Bench Cookies (sold separately). A long shank Forstner bit (sold separately) to match your hinge cup size is required to use the jig. Carbide bits are recommended.
To get fast, repeatable drilling setups for multiple hinges, see our JIG IT® Deluxe Concealed Hinge Drilling System (#53420, sold separately).
Carbide-tipped 35mm drill bit sold separately.
- An ideal hinge cup drilling solution for small shops, or for job site work
- Template guide is solid steel for durability
- Template is secured in place with sturdy metal threaded holes
- Integral clamp attaches guide securely to your door
- Clamp doubles as foot, providing firm support as you drill
- Use scrap blocks or Bench Cookies to support outer edge
- Centre line perfectly positions the template
- Offsets are adjustable for both face frame and frame less construction
- Template bases have non-marring bottoms