Complete system allows drilling of two hinge cup holes with one set-up. Each guide features an integral spring clamp that requires no adjustment and provides repeatability when drilling multiple doors with the same setting. Includes robust aluminium rail 19mm (3/4) and 2 x hinge cup drilling guides that slide along rail to align with hinge plates. Clamp provides firm support as downward pressure is applied with the drill bit. Ideal for achieving identical results throughout any bank of cabinets.
If you're drilling hinge cup holes for multiple doors of the same height, the JIG IT Deluxe Concealed Hinge Drilling System will save you loads of time. The system comes with a sturdy 36'' aluminium rail and two hinge cup drilling guides that slide along the rail to align with your hinge plates. Once set up, you can use the stop block against the top or bottom of each door to achieve identical results throughout any bank of cabinets. With no need for a drill press, you'll save both money and shop space. Each guide features an integral spring clamp that requires no adjustment, and holds the guide in place as you drill. The clamp also doubles as a foot that rests on your bench top (or the floor) and provides firm support as you apply downward pressure with the drill bit. To support the outer edge of the door, simply use scrap blocks or Bench Cookies (sold separately). A long shank Forstner bit (sold separately) to match your hinge cup size is required to use the jig. Carbide bits are recommended. For fast and accurate installation of the cabinet plates from two-part Euro-style hinges, check out Rockler's line up of JIG IT® Hinge Plate Templates. Available for many hinges, they make it easy to drill precisely spaced mounting holes in the cabinet. For tall doors requiring three hinges, an additional Concealed Hinge Drilling Guide (56778) can be purchased separately and added to the rail.
"Carbide-tipped 35mm drill bit sold separately."
- 3/4'' (19mm) square aluminium guide rail, and a material stop for precise, repeatable results
- For very tall doors, simply rip a 3/4'' (19mm) x 3/4'' (19mm) stick in whatever length is needed, or purchase a length of standard 3/4'' (19mm) square aluminium extrusion
- Makes an ideal hinge cup drilling solution for small shops, or for job site work
- Template guides are solid steel for durability
- Templates are secured in place with sturdy metal threaded holes
- Integral clamps attach guides securely to your door
- Clamps double as feet, providing firm support as you drill
- Use scrap blocks or Bench Cookies to support outer edge
- Centre line perfectly positions the template
- Offsets are adjustable for both face frame and frameless construction
- Template bases have non-marring bottoms
(1) 36'' Aluminium Rail
(2) Hinge cup drilling templates
(2) Clamp bases
(1) Drilling shroud
(1) Stop collar
(1) Hardware pack